CERT Training Courses
You can access CERT training on-site at our various training facilities, online through SEI's eLearning portal, or you can engage with STEPfwd, a virtual training environment.
CERT staff members are collaborating with Carnegie Mellon University's Heinz College School of Public Policy and Management, teaching courses in the Information Security Management specialization of the Master of Information Systems Management program, the CIO Institute, and the CISO Executive Education and Certification Program. CERT staff members are also teaching information security courses in graduate programs in the Carnegie Mellon University Information Networking Institute.
Courses by Topic
CERT training is offered in the following areas:
Incident Handling training helps managers, project leaders, CSIRT staff, and computer forensic professionals to create and manage CSIRTs, prepares incident handlers to respond to system compromises at the administrator level, teaches technical staff the best practices they can use for analyzing malicious code, and describes tools and best practices that can be used to support organizations' incident response and forensic analysis investigations.
- Advanced Forensic Response and Analysis
- Advanced Incident Handling
- CERT Certificate in Digital Forensics
- Creating a Computer Security Incident Response Team
- Fundamentals of Incident Handling
- Malware Analysis Apprenticeship
- Managing Computer Security Incident Response Teams
- Overview of Creating and Managing CSIRTs
Network & Software Security
Network Security training provides technical staff members, engineers, software managers, and technical leads best practices and practical techniques for protecting the security of their organization's information assets and resources. Topics covered include the SQUARE methodology, secure coding in C and C++, and four critical software assurance areas--security requirements, software supply chain assurance, mission thread analysis, and measurement.
- Applied Cybersecurity, Incident Response and Forensics
- DevOps in Practice Workshop
- DevOps Process and Implementation
- Information Security for Technical Staff
- Information Security for Technical Staff - eLearning
- Managing Enterprise Information Security: A Practical Approach for Achieving Defense-in-Depth
- Secure Coding in C and C++
- Secure Coding in Java
- Security Requirements Engineering Using the SQUARE Method
- Software Assurance Methods in Support of Cyber Security
Risk Assessment & Insider Threat
Risk Assessment & Insider Threat training teaches managers, executives, security and business continuity professionals, risk managers, compliance personnel, and insider threat program managers to develop strategies for protecting their organizations from security threats, and to better manage their risks. Topics covered include the CERT Resilience Management Model (CERT-RMM), OCTAVE Allegro method, and insider threat program management best practices.
- Assessing Information Security Risk Using the OCTAVE Approach
- Assessing Information Security Risk Using the OCTAVE Approach - eLearning
- Building an Insider Threat Program
- CERT Resilience Management Model Appraisal Boot Camp
- CERT Resilience Management Model (CERT-RMM) Users Group Workshop Series
- Insider Threat Awareness Training
- Insider Threat Overview: Preventing, Detecting and Responding to Insider Threats
- Insider Threat Program Implementation and Operation
- Insider Threat Program Manager Certificate Examination
- Insider Threat Vulnerability Assessor Training
- Insider Threat Vulnerability Assessor Certificate Examination
- Introduction to the CERT Resilience Management Model
- Measuring What Matters: Security Metrics Workshop
- Practical Risk Management: Principles and Methods
- Twenty Questions to Assess Your Program's Chances of Success
- SGMM Navigator Training
Learn More About STEPfwd
STEPfwd is a virtual training environment that offers a rich library of cybersecurity and information assurance training.
Be sure to take a look at other curricula: