Call for Participation
Submit abstracts for presentations, posters, and demonstrations. Your submission must be related to the FloCon 2017 theme, “Flow and Beyond,” and describe the theory, creation, implementation, and/or operational use of network analysis using network flow or related technologies.
September 5, 2016
September 30, 2016
Notification of Acceptance
October 17, 2016
December 19, 2016
We are seeking submissions related to academic and practical advances in analytics that leverage one or more data types using the automation of well-known or novel techniques.
Your final presentation, poster, or demonstration must contain sufficient detail to illustrate the analysis conceptually.
Possible topics for FloCon presentations, posters, and demonstrations include
- Analyzing contextual data and network flow
- Integrating data from multiple sources (data fusion)
- Optimizing and analyzing analyst workflow
- Discovering indicators of malicious behavior through automation
- Using network flow to produce performance-based metrics
- Leveraging "big data" platforms for network flow analytics
- Employing scalable statistical techniques
- Exploring case studies in threat detection and mitigation
- Using operational data visualization and visual display techniques for big, quantitative datasets
- Exploring new techniques from new data sources
- Modeling networks for threat detection
Use the online form to submit an abstract of 250-500 words that describes your entry, along with the type of entry (i.e., presentation, poster, or demonstration).
Abstracts will be reviewed and accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you have questions or comments about submitting FloCon abstracts, email us at email@example.com.